The Oshkosh Best Western and Convention Center is seeking a part time Event Set Up person. The hours for this position are 2nd shift. The wage is between $11.00 and $12.00 an hour.
The primary responsibilities of the set-up position are to set, maintain and refresh hotel and convention center banquet and meeting rooms according to event specifications.
This list of duties is not all-inclusive but rather a general guideline. Other duties may be assigned:
- You must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner to allow for banquet service staff function preparation
- Responsible for timely breakdown of meeting rooms after event conclusion
- Temporarily store unneeded equipment and prepare for the reset of scheduled functions
- Respond to guest requests for service, changes in room set-up
- Be able to assist with audio visual setup and operation.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time
- Must be able to carry four (4) to (20) pound tables, chairs, temporary flooring and audio visual equipment
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms in any direction, kneel, bend and stoop repeatedly
- A positive attitude and the willingness to anticipate our guest’s needs
- Must be flexible to work evenings, week-ends and holidays
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to accommodate guests effectively and politely
- Ability to work quickly and as a team member in a fast paced environment
If interested please contact Kristen Travis, HR Manager, at KTravis@bwoshkosh.com, and enclose a detailed resume for consideration.
Kristen Travis- SHRM