As a Banquet Server, you make a Brides dream weddings come true, help that conference be the best it can be, make sure that meeting goes without a hitch. That’s a big weight to bare. Are you up for the challenge?
What’s in it for you? A $100.00 bonus after 90 days, 1/2 priced meals from the onsite restaurant during your shift, discounted stays at Best Western Hotels, reduced green fees for 9 holes of golf at our sister property in Neenah, and more.
Key responsibilities of a Banquet Server include:
You will be responsible for serving menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to Hotel specifications and group requirements.
- Greets the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness
- Serving all food courses and beverage items to the guest in accordance with function requirements
- Timing the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests
- Taking beverage orders and collecting payments where specified
- Maintaining cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment
- Performing pre and post shift side work
- Clearing tables after service
- Performing other duties as assigned which may include assisting with set up and/or break down of function space
- Abide by all state, federal regulations and restaurant liquor policies pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests
Requirements for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older (Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages)
- Minimum of 1 year of year of banquets or convention services experience preferred
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Must have a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to stand, walk, and carry food trays for prolonged periods of time
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
If you feel you have what it takes, apply now! I’m looking forward to meeting you. Please e-mail your resume to Kristen Travis HR Manager at Ktravs@bwoshkosh.comApply Online