The Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel in Oshkosh, WI has an immediate opening for a full-time Executive Housekeeper. This is a Salaried Management position that offers a benefit package and other quarterly bonuses. Starting salary is between $38,000 and $43,000 depending on experience.
- Monitors and ensures all quality, service and cleanliness standards and goals are met through regular and thorough room inspections. Each complete turn should be inspected, vacant check-ins rechecked and a sampling of occupied rooms inspected.
- Supervise, schedule and train all housekeeping and laundry associates. Foster an environment of motivation, growth and development.
- Assist in the selection, performance evaluations and discipline of housekeeping and laundry associates with the approval of the GM.
- Conduct monthly housekeeping associates meetings and provide more frequent communication of important issues through written postings in employee lounge area. In addition, direct daily pre-service meeting highlighting special awareness directives of the day.
- Promote a culture of pride, attentiveness, knowledge and friendliness resulting in superior customer service for our guests and a pleasant and enjoyable work environment for all associates.
- Monitor associates attitude and intervene and assist in resolving any disputes among housekeeping and laundry associates. Inform the GM of any significant issues and seek input as needed.
- Display complete knowledge of housekeeping and laundry tasks and responsibilities, local and area information and resources and a reasonable understanding of all other areas of the property. (front desk, banquets, maint…)
- Clean guestrooms and common areas as necessary.
- Print housekeeping reports each day. Make necessary additions/notes to associates. Complete and reconcile room count, inspection reports and other housekeeping reports.
- Order guest room, housekeeping and laundry supplies. Product selection and changes are to be approved by the GM.
- Inventory linens, robes and other in-room amenities quarterly. Report any significant losses so that a proper inventory can be maintained. Complete a monthly mini-bar inventory to determine monthly cost.
- Log and store lost & found items. Respond to guest inquiries regarding lost items and prepare items for return shipment.
- Work with the Maintenance Dept. to monitor and schedule preventative equipment maintenance and repairs of housekeeping and laundry equipment, guest room furnishings and amenities,.
- Monitor and enforce proper rules for safety, security, appearance, uniforms, OSHA, key control and employee behavior. Communicate any problems, questions or concerns to the GM.
- Previous lodging housekeeping experience to include a minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Effective supervisory skills with the ability to develop and assume additional responsibilities or advancement.
- Attention to detail with a desire to provide a high-quality product at a high level of service.
This is a full time position of 40+ hours per week. Primarily daytime hours but second shift hours may be necessary upon occasion. Applicants must be available weekends, and holidays depending on hotel occupancy; must have a keen eye for detail and be confident and tactful when dealing with employees.Apply Online