The Best Western PREMIER Waterfront Hotel and Convention Center is looking to hire team member in our Banquet Set-Up Department. At this time we are looking for 3 Team Members, 2 full time and 1 part time. The shifts available are mornings to mid afternoons and then mid afternoons to later evenings.
We offer a $100.00 bonus after 90 days, time and a half for worked holidays, discounted hotel stays anywhere there is a Best Western, discounted meals at our restaurant, access to our onsite workout room and pool along with 401(k) and paid time off after 1 year. We also offer Insurance to those who average 30 hours a week.
The primary responsibilities of the set-up position are:
- To set, maintain and refresh hotel and convention center banquet and meeting rooms according to event specifications.
- You must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner to allow for banquet service staff function preparation.
- Responsible for timely breakdown of meeting rooms after event conclusion.
- Temporarily store unneeded equipment and prepare for the reset of scheduled functions.
- Respond to guest requests for service, changes in room set-up and be able to assist with audio visual setup and operation.
Due to the nature of our business, team members may be required to:
- Work schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel (holidays, evenings and weekends). A positive attitude and the willingness to anticipate our guest’s needs are essential.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Be able to push, pull, bend, kneel, twist, turn, lift and lower.
- Be able to lift between 5 and 50 pounds unassisted. 50 plus with assistance.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply now.
HR ManagerApply Online