If you like numbers, I have the job or you. The Accounting Assistant is a 35 to 40 hour a week position, and will work 85% of the time independently without the Comptroller on site. This position is eligible for Health, Dental and 401(k) benefits and wage will be based on experience.
This position will keep financial records, prepare reports, and update financial information. The accountant assistant must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting software programs (like SAP). The ideal candidate will be able to process business transactions, handle accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, receipts, and other financial matters. Proven accounting experience required.
- The ideal candidate must record, classify, and summarize accounting data in the
Accounts Payable sub ledgers according to established procedures or as directed.
- The candidate must be dedicated to excellent customer service, accuracy, and process
improvement in a fast paced environment.
- Processing accounting documents for payment of bills, ensuring that charges are made to the appropriate department.
- The candidate must match supporting documentation, verify authorizations, and input the data so payment can be made.
- Reviewing invoices for proper use tax charges.
- Perform weekly check run and process manual payments.
- Receive, research, and resolve questions from internal & external customers or vendors concerning account status.
- Respond to all inquiries on a timely basis.
- Process journal entries and assist with month end duties as needed.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable sub ledger to general ledger monthly.
- Set up new vendors with appropriate W-9 information.
- Assist with yearend 1099 preparation.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll tip reports.
- Post and reconcile Accounts Receivable.
- Review night audit reports and make necessary corrections.
- Record daily deposits and maintain accurate bank account balances for all accounts.
- Perform administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Personal computer skills
- Experience with spreadsheets is required.
- Microsoft Office and QuickBooks experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate must have high attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy of data entry.
- The candidate must have strong oral and communication skills
- A strong teamwork attitude.
- Organization skills, excellent customer service, and problem-solving skills are a must!
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with 2 years related experience, or comparable experience preferred.