Our Commitment to Keeping You Safe and Healthy with Industry-Leading Cleaning Standards
As the world begins to gradually reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal guests back to our hotels, while meeting your health and well-being standards. When you are ready to travel again, you will understandably have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness when it comes to your choice of accommodations.
For nearly 75-years, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has been an industry leader in our reputation for providing you with clean, well-maintained accommodations. In 2012, we became the first hotel brand to set a high level of cleanliness with the roll out of our I Care Clean program in partnership with IDEO. At the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, we were among the first in the industry to roll out standards and best practices to enhance our cleaning protocol. Now, as part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you safe and healthy during these challenging times, we have expanded on those industry-leading cleaning standards with the launch of the new We Care Clean program. Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel. When you next stay with us, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals; while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. The We Care Clean program addresses five key areas in our hotels:
1. Front Desk and Lobby: New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel. Wisconsin Governor Evers has implemented the requirement of a mask update until November 21st. Signage at the hotel entrances inform our guests of this requirement. Social distancing measures have been implemented to include social distancing markers and plexiglass shields at the registration desk, sanitary wipes for luggage carts, and hand sanitizing stations and the front desk and elevators. Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly. This includes multiple, daily electrostatic sprayings of the atrium, business center, registration area, and public restrooms with an approved sanitizer/disinfectant.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping: Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols have been implemented in guest rooms. If possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers will be cleaned with sanitizing treatments aimed at killing COVID-19. The final sanitation step is to spray each guestroom, using an electrostatic sprayer, with an approved sanitizer/disinfectant.
3. Temporary Breakfast Offerings: While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted for your health and safety.
- The hotel’s on-site restaurant, the Ground Round at River’s Edge, provides a full-service breakfast with full-menu every Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m.to 10:30 a.m. Entrée pricing is very reasonable.
- Breakfast ‘Grab and Go’ offerings are available with pre-packaged food and beverage options including a piece of fresh fruit, orange juice, pre-wrapped breakfast bar, yogurt, and pre-wrapped breakfast muffin. These are at a cost of $3.50 including tax. Guests with a business class voucher, and Best Western Rewards Members with status above base level, will receive a voucher for a complimentary ‘Grab and Go’ breakfast.
4. Public Amenities:
- Public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms are cleaned on closely monitored schedules with a sanitizer/disinfectant. Each morning and evening, these areas are also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic spraying.
- Hand sanitizer or wipes are available at the front entrance for luggage carts, as well as hand sanitizing stations at the front desk, elevators and in meeting rooms.
5. Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
6. Meeting Rooms/Convention Center:
- Capacity will be revised for all meeting rooms to allow for social distancing if requested.
- Where possible, public access doors will be designated as either entrance or exit only to limit personal contact. They may also be left open for meetings.
- 6 people to a 72” round table, 4 to a 60” round table, 2 to an 8’ x 30” or 18” table, 1 to a 6’ x 30” or 18” table, if requested.
- Sanitizing of all AV equipment before and after use.
- Microphones will only be available to rent (per contract agreement) per person and must be sanitized if shared.
- Food & Beverage for Meetings and Events:
All catering operations have been assessed and updated to align with best practices for safety and hygiene. Protocols include, but are not limited to:
- If team members are sick, they must stay home.
- If they have a fever, we require they be 14 days symptom-free or obtain testing to determine an acceptable return date based on current County Health Department guidelines.
- All food will be served as individual portions, prepackaged when possible.
- If Buffets/Family Style Service is selected, can be served cafeteria style, where our team members put food on your guest’s plates. This will incur an extra staff charge of $15 per hour per team member.
- Coffee stations will have signage indicating attendees use an individual beverage napkin when dispensing coffee, to be immediately disposed of after use.
- Bottled water is available for purchase to limit self-serve stations.
- Only rolled silverware in linen napkins.
- Condiments available upon request only or served in individual packets, if requested.
- Ground Round at River’s Edge Bar and Grill:
- The restaurant and cocktail lounge areas follow guidance provide by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association’s “Wisconsin Restaurant Promise.” http://wirestaurant.org/docs/default-source/wra/wi_rest_promise_flyer_guide.pdf